Rolls and Responsibilities of Mentors.
What Mentoring Incorporates
- Impart intellectual knowledge, increase social confidence and moral support.
- Listen, be supportive, develop a rapport.
- Show the way the journey can go, demonstrate different perspectives.
- Lead by example.
- Give control, authority and/or means to achieve.
- There’s a light at the end of the Tunnel.
- Give facts and/or information.
- Give essential, formative, factual and quality of information.
- Do not make promises or guarantees.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- The world of Disability is very small. The information you are hearing is very personal, medical and private. Your ability to keep this confidential is imperative.