emoticon, emoji, pray

The first place the NDIS recommends you start once you receive your Plan is NDIS Booklet 3.


Depending on your situation and support needs, you will receive help to start your plan with one of the coordinators below. You may have already been in contact with these Partners in the Community, at your original planning meeting.

Early Childhood Early Intervention (ecei) Coordinator

For families and carers of children aged 0-6 years.

Local Area Coordinator (lac)

For NDIS participants aged seven and over.

ecei Coordinators and lacs come from organisations in your local community and work with the NDIA to deliver the NDIS. Visit ndis.gov.au to find  ecei and Local Area Coordination Partner in your area.

If ecei Coordinators or lacs are not available in your area, the NDIA will help you connect to the NDIS and services or to supports in the community.

Support Coordinator

If you need more help coordinating your supports, the NDIA may fund a Support Coordinator. A Support Coordinator can help implement your plan and build your ability to connect with supports and services. Your NDIA Planner may also consider a Support Coordinator if your situation is more complex or you have specific goals you need help coordinating your supports and services to achieve. Visit ndis.gov.au for more information on Support Coordination.


When you receive your plan, its worth checking:

  • Start and End Dates of the Plan
    • Inform your Services Providers and Support Providers of these
  • Amount of Funding and the Categories that it is within
    • Then work out a budget based on your funding requests and actual funding
    • Setup new Service Agreements with Service and Support Providers
      • Include the Amount you are allocating to them
      • Start and End Date of the Plan
      • Services you are receiving and the costings to be included in the Service Agreement
    • Find Services and Supports that meet the funding you have received
  • Check to see if any assessments are required within the plan
    • When they need to be completed by
    • What type of assessment it is
    • Who needs to conduct the assessment
  • If you have funding for Capital Supports
    • Check to see which Level of AT they apply to
    • If the funding is in core under consumables
    • If Assessments are required
    • If Reports are required
    • If Quotations are required
    • Notify the Service or Support Providers that this affects

If you find that the funding is not what you expected or require, or not in the areas you expected or require, it may be necessary for you to appeal the decision.